Help us cover our annual costs!
YOUth ACT is a community-based hub for young change-makers. Our ultimate goal is to live in a world where young people (under 30) with diverse experiences are empowered to participate in political, social, and economic decision-making by creating a space within which young people can take action. We officially became a Stichting in October last year. With the help of 26 volunteers, we have been able to operate with no funds for over a year.
Unfortunately, volunteering isn't enough for us to operate, so we need funding to cover our annual costs! With YOUR help, will we be able to reach the following 2021 goals:
- 20 participants throughout two programs per year
- 60% founded their own social impact initiative (foundation, social startup, etc) by 2022
- 100% increased levels of self-confidence, professional network, skill set and perceived effectiveness in social impact work
- 60% participants work within social impact environment by 2022 with a stable income (smoothen transition into labor market)
- Lasting personal and professional relationships between mentors, workshop hosts and participants
Social justice archive
- Increase awareness of positionality, decolonial thinking, white saviorism, and other social justice topics amongst our community of young activists, advocates and social entrepreneurs
- Democratise knowledge on social justice topics by spreading 12 monthly recommended reading lists, self made summaries and visual guides
- Giving a platform to underrepresented voices who work on topics of marginalisation and exclusion at quarterly events
- Monthly community events for networking and skill-share purposes with at least 20 attendees
- Achieve a sign-up rate of 15 new Vrienden per month in order to grow the organisation and network
- Have 180 committed YOUth ACT Vrienden who support our organisation and network by December 2021
- Facilitate recruitment and talent acquisition for non-profits, social startups and other social impact employers through:
- Six annual matchmaking events
- Job board on our website with at least 50 jobs listed by December 2021
- LinkedIn group (Braindates) with at least 50 members
- Showcasing the diverse opportunities that exist to pursue a social impact career by working with Dutch social startups, international organisations, foundations, social movements and other kinds of social impact organisations
- Smoothen the transition into the labor market for recent graduates by matching at least 25 young people per year
Check out our annual budget here:
Thank you for your support!